Enjoy cycling in the Dune and Bulb Region
The Dune and Bulb Region is a paradise for cyclists, with beautiful dunes, extensive beaches, cozy terraces and various nice places. With the extensive cycling node network you can easily map out the best routes yourself. The Dune and Bulb Region is connected to the network of TOP, ideal starting and parking locations for bicycle tours.
On each node is an information panel with the node number and an overview of the bicycle route network in the area. At the bottom of the information panel a separate sign is shown to which other junction you can cycle.
On the parking lot of the Agatha Church, near the town hall of Lisse, is the sign for bicycle node 91 with the information panel. Next to “the Proeverij” you can find a the municipality of Lisse has also convenient bicycle repair. This point is meant for every recreational cyclist, racing cyclist or mountain biker who has to carry out a minor repair to the bike. The pole is equipped with tools such as screwdrivers, spanners, tire levers and a bicycle pump.
The bicycle maps Kop van Holland nr. 13 and Zuid-Holland Noord nr. 14 van Falk are based on the cycling route network. The maps cost € 8.99 and are available at VVV Lisse.
What is a "TOP" ?
A TOP is a 'junction' where various signposted and unmarked cycling and walking routes come together. A TOP is easily accessible by car and has parking facilities. In the vicinity of the TOP you can often find restaurants. A TOP is always a good starting point for everyone who loves walking and cycling.
The walking and cycling routes at TOP Lisse will take you along the colorful bulb fields in the spring (late March / end of April / beginning of May). Throughout the year you can enjoy the polder landscape, the woods and beautiful dunes near the coast in the area around Lisse. The village of Lisse has a cozy restaurant square, 't Vierkant with a shopping center nearby, where you can find various authentic shops.
Location of TOP Lisse
Stationsweg 59, 2161 AM Lisse, at restaurant Het Tussenstation (the former Lisse train station)
- A44: 3-Noordwijkerhout to N208
- A4: 4-New Vennep to N207
Cycling routes Route.nl (All routes are in Dutch)
- Along the bulb fields to the North Sea coast 25.50 km
- A varied tour through the bulb area 28 km
- Dutch coastal and dune route 34.51 km
- Cycling along the Dutch flower route 37.17 km
- Dutch lake route 41.65 km
- Dutch willdlife spotting 41.80 km
- Lisse-Kaag route 42.70 km
- Villages & city of Leiden route 41.40 km
- Villages & city of Haarlem route 45.38 km
- Cycling throught the bulb area with a coffee break in the centre of Lisse 48.74 km
- The Black Tulip route 49.30 km
- Dutch glory route 49.40 km
- Along the 3 lakes of the green heart 51.98 km
- Dutch historical polder route 54.10 km